What is the Artsmark Award?
The Artsmark Award is the only creative quality standard for schools and education settings, accredited by Arts Council England. We support settings to develop and celebrate their commitment to arts and cultural education.
In 2015, the programme was refreshed to align with School Improvement Plans and support core EBACC and STEM priorities, giving the curriculum breadth and balance.
- Build young people’s confidence, character and resilience through arts and cultural education
- Use Artsmark’s clear and flexible framework to embed creativity across your whole curriculum and use it to address school improvement priorities
- Celebrate your long-term commitment to cultural education with pupils, parents and your local community
Who’s Artsmark for?
Artsmark is open to primary, secondary and special schools, pupil referral units, youth offending teams and sixth form colleges.
Artsmark is awarded at three levels; Silver, Gold and Platinum
How does Artsmark work?
Artsmark is flexible to the needs of individual settings and can fit around their planning cycles.
- Register online and complete the Artsmark Self-Assessment
- Two members of staff attend a Development Day
- Write and submit a Statement of Commitment
- Deliver, develop and evaluate your goals
- Write and submit your Statement of Impact
- Receive your Artsmark Award and start celebrating!
- Re-register for your next Artsmark journey
Most settings take up to two years to complete their Artsmark journey.
Go to How Artsmark works to find out more about the process.
How much does it cost?
The Artsmark fee is £500 (£250 for small settings with under 100 pupils) which includes:
- An Artsmark Development Day for two members of staff – an excellent CPD opportunity
- A clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum
- Ongoing support from Bridge organisations, including support sessions and guidance on completing your Artsmark paperwork
- Access to practical teaching resources and our Artsmark Partners – a network of the country’s leading cultural organisations
- Certificate of your achievement and a celebration toolkit
- Joining a national community of education settings who champion arts and culture
Did you know that Artsmark supports Arts Award which recognises the creative development of individual young people?